Jesica Arfenoni & Oscar Casas
April 6-11, 2017
Workshops, Classes and Performances
Tucson Dance Academy
2350 W. Ina Rd. #100
Tucson, AZ 85745
All Private Lessons at our Home Studio
3242 N. Longfellow
Tucson, AZ 85712
- Thursday 7:30 – 9:00pm – The embrace in relation to milonguero figures. This class explains all the more comfortable, efficient and elegant ways to develop a social dance. (All levels)
- Friday – Special Event (not workshop related) – See below for more information.
- Saturday 2:00 to 3:15pm – Classic milonguero figures – This class reveals moves that can be immediately absorbed. Enrich your dance today. Take it to another level. (Intermediate)
- Saturday 3:30 – 4:45pm – Milonga as it should be danced. This class teaches how to dance Milonga as a separate and different dance from the tango or waltz. (Inter. Adv)
- Saturday 8:00 – 11:30pm – Yo Soy La Milonga Performances, Snacks and Great Dancing. DJ: John Hess
- Sunday 2:00 – 3:15pm – Pencil with female glides (lapices con planeos). Lapices are figures of tango salon. These figures contain secrets of execution that will be revealed in these classes. Female glides demonstrate lines and posture essential for the image of tango or waltz right through the body and female lines.
- Sunday 3:30 – 4:45pm – The Art of leaning (apilarce). Leaned figures with great female adornments that enhance the connection, the pause and highlights the woman’s participation. (Inter Adv)
Jesica Arfenoni & Oscar Casas have partnered up to create a winning combination for next year’s tour. We all know and love Oscar, his teaching style is clear and direct and his dancing elegant and unique.
Jessica is a world champion tango dancer, having won in Mundial in 2012. She was here at the 2013 Tucson Tango Festival with Maxi. Jessica is a force to be reckoned with and she will be a powerfully dynamic reflection of Oscar’s teaching and dancing style.
We are very excited in anticipation of this, not to be missed, workshop and performances.
Early Bird Prices Expire March 25th
Wondering why no activity on Friday evening? This weekend coincided with a special event happening at Jo’s work that she very much wanted to attend and wanted to share with our friends. The Arizona State Museum is hosting a gala “Basket Ball”. No, not basketball the game, a gala – dress up, dinner, dancing (live country band), first look at the exhibit, silent auction…and a special tango performance by Oscar and Jessica!
“We are very excited to announce the opening of the Arizona State Museum’s basketry interpretive gallery, Woven Through Time: American Treasures of Native Basketry and Fiber Art. On Friday, April 7, 2017, we will begin celebrations with our first event, Basket Ball at the Marriott University Park Hotel. This fundraiser will support the museum’s continuing conservation of baskets for the exhibition and educational programming. At the event, guests will enjoy a cocktails and hors d’oeuvres reception; enjoy a sit down, delectable dinner and afterwards, music and dancing. Guests most importantly will have a first viewing of this highly anticipated permanent exhibition. There will be a silent auction with many spectacular offerings.” Arizona State Museum
The event is a fund-raiser with all funds going to the Arizona State Museum. We have a table with a couple of seats still available if you would like to join us. $150 per plate dinner due by April 1, 2017 (portion of which is tax deductible). Please contact jo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like additional information or to reserve a seat. All payments will go to the University of Arizona Foundation/Arizona State Museum.